DONUT KENTANG by Gert
- 320 grams flour (a bit more if the dough is too sticky)
- 2 tsp yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 150 grms mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 30 grms butter
- 100 ml water
- Some sugar or cinnamon sugar
- In a large mixing bowl mix all the ingredients together and knead for about 6-7 minutes until you get nice smooth dough. Add some extra flour if it’s so sticky. Cover the bowl with a dry kitchen towel and let it rise for an hour or double it size at a warm place.
- Punch down the dough and remove onto a floured work tabletop. Roll out the dough to about 1/4" thick and cut the dough out into rounds with a donuts cutter. Gather the snaps and re-roll, then cut out more donuts.
- Place donuts on parchment paper,cover and let rise for 20 minutes or until they feel light and spongy.
- Heat oil for deep-frying in a frying pan over medium heat. Slip a few donuts into the oil at a time, leaving enough room for them to expand. Make sure that the oil is not too hot otherwise the donuts will not be cooked.
- When the donuts are golden brown, turn them over and cook the other side. It takes about 2–3 minutes to cook through. When donuts are done, remove from oil and drain the oil on paper towels before rolling them in sugar.